Hello and welcome to StarMade,
starting with this update I'm going to pre-release new versions for everyone to download and test, so that game breaking bugs can found faster without pushing the update onto everyone.
If you want to test, please don't overwrite your actual version with this, but copy over your server-database folder to test on your universe.
The release can be obtained here:
Password&Username is both "dev".
This version basically fixes some exploits that hackers used to abuse the system, taking control of any entity and deleting blocks of other ships left and right.
This is the full changelog. Please do not post any balance issues on pre-releases, exception if the balance has actually changed for an update.
Here is the changelog for this update (a better description will follow with the full release):
- cleaned up death routine and control units
- kicking now immediately disconnects client after kick command has been sent (fixes anti-kick exploit)
- fixed bug that would cause lasers not to hit astronauts in certain situations (callback had wrong meta data)
- fixed player directions
- added admin command to issue debug routines to enhance log output (to specifically debug certain objects)
- extra check on server to prevent players from using a hacked client to take control of structures
- extra check when blocks are placed to prevent missuse
- player object changes checks on server if the changes came from the right client, and will report otherwise (attempt to control another player)
- improved memory scalability for bigger structures
- structure names can now contain spaces
- structure names can now be changed with the faction module
- fixed texture array fallback (crash on startup for some graphics cards)
The full version will probably released within 24 hours, if there are no gamebreaking bugs.
Thank you for playing StarMade,