Hello and welcome to StarMade,
this version is released in the middle of some new features. That's why the changelog isn't very long.
This update contains a database migration which can take a little on the first startup with the new version. Please do not terminate the process.
Hotfix #1 (no server update needed): Fixed exception when synching with a modified block config from the server
Here is an introduction what one of the new features is going to be. It's not done yet, but will hopefully very soon.
There will be critters, monsters, pirates, aliens spawning on planets and space stations. They will be fully consistent and only despawn in certain circumstances. Players will be able to interact with them, and can in some cases even command them.
The creature system will be modular, that means there will be a huge amount of generated creatures, all with different compositions and stats like being able to fly or crawl on walls, or what type of attack and defense they are using, and much more.
I hope to give more detailed information soon, but I hate to promise things I can't hold 100%
This version has some nice fixes especially for bigger servers. It should also decrease the lag from physics on servers immensely. Here is the full changelog (without work on new feature):
- added server config REQUIRE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION, to only allow clients that do an authentication
- removed possible source of lag when new players log in
- added ban/whitelist-by-starmade-account
- added admin commands to manage banning whitelisting by account
- added login backlog for players with time, ip, name, and starmade account (if authenticated)
- added server.cfg option to define the size of the player login histroy back log
- added admin command /player_info <name> to retrieve detailed information about a player (even if player is offline)
- players may now protect multiple names on a server (amount cutomizable in server.cfg)
- added admin commands /player_protect <playerName> <accountName> to manage playername protection from within the game
- added admin commands /player_unprotect <playerName> to manage playername protection from within the game
- implemented asteroid using dynamic physics (in server.cfg default of for testing)
- fixed massive slowdown for server when multiple astronauts where in the same area
- improved general physics performance (mirroring because of sector borders had a bug where the game would calculate costly but unnecessary collisions up to 6 times more often)
- fixed bug where astronauts of other players would be glitching out at random places on other clients (bug in jBullet where a vital clean up was missing) (this was a long existing one that was hard to spot)
- fixed loading of some corrupt blueprints done in a special pre-build
- better fix for glitching around in single cores (fast rotation when leaving core)
Thank you for playing StarMade,